SmallNetBuilder Forums
Go Back   SmallNetBuilder Forums > Wireless Networking > ASUS Wireless > ASUS AC Routers & Adapters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:35 PM
maylyn's Avatar
maylyn maylyn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 66
Thanks: 52
Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
maylyn is just starting out
Default ASUS RT-AC66U 3.0.0.4.354 Official Firmware

ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.354

Fix
1. Potential security issue from UPnP overflow.
2. Wireless time control related bugs.
3. Media server related issues when lan subnet change or USB hot plug
4. IPv6 over PPPoE interoperability issues.
5. PPPoE password setting error in Advanced wan setting.??

Modify
1. Upgrade to latest Broadcom driver.
2. Enhance the PPPoE NAT throughput.
3. Enhance both 2.4GHz and 5GHz throughput.
4. Support Huawai E353 3G/4G USB dongle.
5. The router setting URL is changed to ASUS - Networking, use the original URL asusnetwork.net - asusnetwork Resources and Information. can also go to the
setting page.

Add
1. Optimize for XBOX option in Advanced Setting-->Wireless-->General. Enable this function can stabilize streaming speed.
2. Network tools in Advanced setting
3. WOL user interface (wake on LAN)
4. H.323 and SIP passthrough can be disabled in Advanced Settings --> WAN -->NAT Passthrough
5. Click the device name and lookup the manufacturer information
6. Change the DHCP query frequency in Advanced settings-->WAN-->Internet connection to resolve the ISP compatibility issue.
Special thanks to Merlin for his contribution.

AiCloud
1. Add deleted button in upload file page.
2. Fixed share link management bugs.
3. Fixed the file and folder rename bugs.
4. Fixed IE9 /10 file upload compatibility issue.

Known issues
1. The router need to reboot after 3G/4G USB dongle setting. It caused longer setting time.
If you use the 3G/4G router mode, we recommend staying in 3.0.0.4.270.

Download link ~> ASUS - Networks- RT-AC66U
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maylyn For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 03-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Solara Solara is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Solara is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylyn View Post
ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.354

Fix
1. Potential security issue from UPnP overflow.
2. Wireless time control related bugs.
3. Media server related issues when lan subnet change or USB hot plug
4. IPv6 over PPPoE interoperability issues.
5. PPPoE password setting error in Advanced wan setting.??

Modify
1. Upgrade to latest Broadcom driver.
2. Enhance the PPPoE NAT throughput.
3. Enhance both 2.4GHz and 5GHz throughput.
4. Support Huawai E353 3G/4G USB dongle.
5. The router setting URL is changed to ASUS - Networking, use the original URL asusnetwork.net - asusnetwork Resources and Information. can also go to the
setting page.

Add
1. Optimize for XBOX option in Advanced Setting-->Wireless-->General. Enable this function can stabilize streaming speed.
2. Network tools in Advanced setting
3. WOL user interface (wake on LAN)
4. H.323 and SIP passthrough can be disabled in Advanced Settings --> WAN -->NAT Passthrough
5. Click the device name and lookup the manufacturer information
6. Change the DHCP query frequency in Advanced settings-->WAN-->Internet connection to resolve the ISP compatibility issue.
Special thanks to Merlin for his contribution.

AiCloud
1. Add deleted button in upload file page.
2. Fixed share link management bugs.
3. Fixed the file and folder rename bugs.
4. Fixed IE9 /10 file upload compatibility issue.

Known issues
1. The router need to reboot after 3G/4G USB dongle setting. It caused longer setting time.
If you use the 3G/4G router mode, we recommend staying in 3.0.0.4.270.

Download link ~> ASUS - Networks- RT-AC66U
I have an RT-AC66R can I assume this new firmware will work with that model also?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-22-2013, 03:37 PM
maylyn's Avatar
maylyn maylyn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 66
Thanks: 52
Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
maylyn is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I have an RT-AC66R can I assume this new firmware will work with that model also?
Better grab the correct model firmware for your ASUS RT-AC66R just in case

http://usa.asus.com/Networks/Wireles...C66R/#download

I think ASUS is releasing for this model as well soon
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-22-2013, 03:42 PM
krum krum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 138
Thanks: 18
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
krum is just starting out
Default

Wonder what this really does ?
Optimize for XBOX option in Advanced Setting-->Wireless-->General. Enable this function can stabilize streaming speed.

If it only effects XBOX or other streaming boxes.

Chris
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-22-2013, 03:43 PM
krum krum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 138
Thanks: 18
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
krum is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylyn View Post
Better grab the correct model firmware for your ASUS RT-AC66R just in case

http://usa.asus.com/Networks/Wireles...C66R/#download

I think ASUS is releasing for this model as well soon
Yes you can use that firmware AC66u on your AC66r ..
the R=Retail.


Chris

Last edited by krum; 03-22-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Solara Solara is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Solara is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylyn View Post
Better grab the correct model firmware for your ASUS RT-AC66R just in case

http://usa.asus.com/Networks/Wireles...C66R/#download

I think ASUS is releasing for this model as well soon
Thanks for the info. The firmware is not available for the RT-AC66R I already checked. I am looking for the WAN fix. Am currently using RMerlin's ( bless him) fix for the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-22-2013, 05:18 PM
mgunner76 mgunner76 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
mgunner76 is just starting out
Default

I hope this fixes my incredibly slow file transfer speeds on 2.4ghz
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:40 PM
cmillar6 cmillar6 is offline
Very Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 228
Thanks: 1
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
cmillar6 is just starting out
Default

I don't see anything worth giving up the features Merlin adds, I'll wait for his next build. My wireless works just fine with the current drivers.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM
DaveMishSr's Avatar
DaveMishSr DaveMishSr is offline
Very Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 334
Thanks: 108
Thanked 61 Times in 40 Posts
DaveMishSr is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylyn View Post
ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.354

Fix
1. Potential security issue from UPnP overflow.
2. Wireless time control related bugs.
3. Media server related issues when lan subnet change or USB hot plug
4. IPv6 over PPPoE interoperability issues.
5. PPPoE password setting error in Advanced wan setting.??

Modify
1. Upgrade to latest Broadcom driver.
2. Enhance the PPPoE NAT throughput.
3. Enhance both 2.4GHz and 5GHz throughput.
4. Support Huawai E353 3G/4G USB dongle.
5. The router setting URL is changed to ASUS - Networking, use the original URL asusnetwork.net - asusnetwork Resources and Information. can also go to the
setting page.

Add
1. Optimize for XBOX option in Advanced Setting-->Wireless-->General. Enable this function can stabilize streaming speed.
2. Network tools in Advanced setting
3. WOL user interface (wake on LAN)
4. H.323 and SIP passthrough can be disabled in Advanced Settings --> WAN -->NAT Passthrough
5. Click the device name and lookup the manufacturer information
6. Change the DHCP query frequency in Advanced settings-->WAN-->Internet connection to resolve the ISP compatibility issue.
Special thanks to Merlin for his contribution.

AiCloud
1. Add deleted button in upload file page.
2. Fixed share link management bugs.
3. Fixed the file and folder rename bugs.
4. Fixed IE9 /10 file upload compatibility issue.

Known issues
1. The router need to reboot after 3G/4G USB dongle setting. It caused longer setting time.
If you use the 3G/4G router mode, we recommend staying in 3.0.0.4.270.

Download link ~> ASUS - Networks- RT-AC66U
Merlin did they release the source code too? Or is Asus holding off on releasing it again?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 PM
lilstone87 lilstone87 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 158
Thanks: 2
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
lilstone87 is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMishSr View Post
Merlin did they release the source code too? Or is Asus holding off on releasing it again?
I think most the time, it's a couple day's before asus releases the source code. So it may be monday or tuesday next week, before he has a chance to access it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Top 10 Stats
Top Posters* Top Thanked
RMerlin  426
azazel1024  125
L&LD  95
john9527  94
htismaqe  78
ColinTaylor  73
stevech  68
hggomes  62
sfx2000  55
Anzaia  49
RMerlin  6276
john9527  447
stevech  353
ryzhov_al  289
TeHashX  252
L&LD  242
RogerSC  202
sinshiva  146
sfx2000  136
joegreat  127
Most Viewed Threads* Hottest Threads*
Old Asuswrt-Merli...  49139
Old RT-AC68 -...  22828
Old Moderate Nat...  4896
Old ASUS RT-N66U...  4422
Old iOS 8.1...  4013
Old RT-AC87U -...  2498
Old WiFi...  2449
Old RT-AC68P QOS...  2011
Old AC68U,...  1826
Old Ruckus...  1709
Old Asuswrt-Merli...  223
Old RT-AC68 -...  137
Old Review: 24...  35
Old iOS 8.1...  33
Old Moderate Nat...  31
Old WiFi...  27
Old RT-AC87U -...  26
Old RT-AC68P QOS...  24
Old How to flash...  24
Old Linksys...  21


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006-2014 Pudai LLC All Rights Reserved.