so I have read the NAS guide and I am still confused about what NAS to get.
Here is what I think I need my NAS to do:
- Stream movies to two TV's
- DLNA compatible
- Store music, maybee an iTunes server
- Hook up printer to NAS
- Backup 3 or so computers, running Windows
Some nice to have features
- cloud/web accessible content, for sharing with family
- second printer hookup
- encrypted disk or at least a share/folder
- IP camera (?) compatible, so I can check on my dog
I think I would like to have a RAID 1 setup, but I think a single drive NAS and a second NAS or USB drive might do.
Single or dual or ? bay NAS?
How much storage do I need? I have ~200 CD's and less than 100 DVD's that need ripping. (yes I am old school...). But that may grow as we pick up more kids movies.
Is getting a two bay NAS and running only one disk for now a good way to go?
This is my first time building a home network and setting up a NAS. I am fairly tech competent, but clearly not enough to choose a NAS.