SmallNetBuilder Forums
Go Back   SmallNetBuilder Forums > Wireless Networking > ASUS Wireless > Asuswrt-Merlin

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 AM
hmaki hmaki is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hmaki is just starting out
Default Any plans to release Asuswrt-Merlin for RT-N56U

Hi

Having bought an RT-N56U a year ago, I just recently became aware of the new 3.x version of firmware for it. I'm quite happy with it, but I miss USB HDD spindown. Asuswrt-Merlin sports that feature (among others), but RT-N56U is not on the supported devices list (not even experimental).

Would it be possible to have experimental firmware releases for RT-N56U?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 AM
RMerlin's Avatar
RMerlin RMerlin is offline
Very Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,897
Thanks: 56
Thanked 6,063 Times in 2,472 Posts
RMerlin is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmaki View Post
Hi

Having bought an RT-N56U a year ago, I just recently became aware of the new 3.x version of firmware for it. I'm quite happy with it, but I miss USB HDD spindown. Asuswrt-Merlin sports that feature (among others), but RT-N56U is not on the supported devices list (not even experimental).

Would it be possible to have experimental firmware releases for RT-N56U?
Unlikely. This router uses a totally different chipset, which would require extensive changes and testing. All my low-level changes are specific to Broadcom.
__________________
Asuswrt-Merlin: Customized firmware for Asus routers
Github: github.com/RMerl - Twitter: RMerlinDev
See the sticky post for more info.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:46 AM
hmaki hmaki is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hmaki is just starting out
Default

Ok, I see.

Besides, I noticed the USB drive I have doesn't support spindown. So, I guess I'm happy with stock firmware. Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:02 AM
mikeg mikeg is offline
Very Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 326
Thanks: 12
Thanked 31 Times in 31 Posts
mikeg is just starting out
Default

Or if you the Asus firmware lacking you can try Padavans fw. I have it running
on a N56U without any froblem , fw .027.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmaki View Post
Ok, I see.

Besides, I noticed the USB drive I have doesn't support spindown. So, I guess I'm happy with stock firmware. Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 AM
hmaki hmaki is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hmaki is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
Or if you the Asus firmware lacking you can try Padavans fw. I have it running
on a N56U without any froblem , fw .027.
Thanks for hint, I may try that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Top 10 Stats
Top Posters* Top Thanked
RMerlin  414
john9527  163
azazel1024  116
htismaqe  104
sfx2000  88
ColinTaylor  73
stevech  72
AndreyPopov  62
TonyH  53
bbb0777  41
RMerlin  6062
john9527  394
stevech  351
ryzhov_al  280
TeHashX  237
L&LD  232
RogerSC  201
sinshiva  147
sfx2000  134
joegreat  126
Most Viewed Threads* Hottest Threads*
Old Asuswrt-Merli...  32012
Old RT-AC68P...  3167
Old Brainstorming...  2769
Old Advice on...  2662
Old Looking for...  2401
Old Asus...  1865
Old Issues...  1832
Old Stable...  1765
Old AC-68...  1666
Old 3 months...  1510
Old Asuswrt-Merli...  229
Old Brainstorming...  49
Old Advice on...  49
Old Looking for...  35
Old RT-AC68P...  33
Old WiFi...  27
Old Stable...  25
Old Issues...  25
Old WiFi Rates  23
Old Firewall...  22


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006-2014 Pudai LLC All Rights Reserved.