SmallNetBuilder Forums
Go Back   SmallNetBuilder Forums > Wireless Networking > ASUS Wireless > ASUS N Routers & Adapters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
wickedny5 wickedny5 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wickedny5 is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard19 View Post
I bought new AVRs (Pioneer VSX-53's) and the N66U at the same time. Have had very inconsistent airplay connections and its only successful about 33% of the time. (Although I also have a Yamaha HTR-4065 AVR that Airplay works all the time on). I was going to bring the receivers back this week but I'll see if the new FW makes a difference.

Update: Yeah! After updating to this firmware, the Internet Radio and Airplay seems to be working fine now on my AVR's. Also, my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone is now able to update/load apps from Playstore. This was a problem related to a Sprint Airave that I have connected to the router due to poor cell coverage from Sprint.
Thats great news! This firmware has been just awesome! I'm waiting for merlin's 270 firmware to get out of beta so I can use. I would recommend his firmware because of a few extra features and bug fixes that he implements. To the casual user you might not need the extra features but its nice to have just incase.

Question to RMerlin, what made the 2.4ghz so stable now? is it the new wireless drivers? will they be in your next release?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 PM
RMerlin's Avatar
RMerlin RMerlin is offline
Very Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,574
Thanks: 47
Thanked 5,099 Times in 2,162 Posts
RMerlin is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedny5 View Post
Thats great news! This firmware has been just awesome! I'm waiting for merlin's 270 firmware to get out of beta so I can use. I would recommend his firmware because of a few extra features and bug fixes that he implements. To the casual user you might not need the extra features but its nice to have just incase.

Question to RMerlin, what made the 2.4ghz so stable now? is it the new wireless drivers? will they be in your next release?
Asus has recompiled and possibly tweaked the wireless driver. This is not the major driver update that will be coming in a future release (and is still being worked on by Asus/Broadcom).

270.24 Beta 3 is using these tweaked drivers from 270.
__________________
Asuswrt-Merlin: Customized firmware for Asus routers
Github: github.com/RMerl - Twitter: RMerlinDev
See the sticky post for more info.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Wizard19 Wizard19 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wizard19 is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard19 View Post
I bought new AVRs (Pioneer VSX-53's) and the N66U at the same time. Have had very inconsistent airplay connections and its only successful about 33% of the time. (Although I also have a Yamaha HTR-4065 AVR that Airplay works all the time on). I was going to bring the receivers back this week but I'll see if the new FW makes a difference.

Update: Yeah! After updating to this firmware, the Internet Radio and Airplay seems to be working fine now on my AVR's. Also, my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone is now able to update/load apps from Playstore. This was a problem related to a Sprint Airave that I have connected to the router due to poor cell coverage from Sprint.
Update 2/10/13 - Still having problems with the Google Playstore apps updates/downloads. I don't think it is a router problem as it works fine when I disconnect the Sprint Airave. I realize this is not a problem for most of you.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 AM
chamberc chamberc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 45
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
chamberc is just starting out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard19 View Post
Update 2/10/13 - Still having problems with the Google Playstore apps updates/downloads. I don't think it is a router problem as it works fine when I disconnect the Sprint Airave. I realize this is not a problem for most of you.
What devices? I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 2, S3, Note 10.1, Dell Streak 7, a Motorola Razr and two Asus transformer primes and they're all working fine...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Top 10 Stats
Top Posters* Top Thanked
RMerlin  359
sm00thpapa  226
stevech  190
azazel1024  165
KGB7  145
jim769  90
philmiami  80
htismaqe  78
AcostaJA  70
damir  58
RMerlin  5098
stevech  315
ryzhov_al  258
TeHashX  211
RogerSC  187
L&LD  186
joegreat  123
jlake  122
sinshiva  113
sfx2000  111
Most Viewed Threads* Hottest Threads*
Old ASUS RT-N66U...  24922
Old Switched...  8368
Old NEW RT-AC68R...  7323
Old 3.0.0.4.376.1...  6866
Old ASUS...  6446
Old ASUS RTAC68U...  3674
Old ASUS...  3634
Old Netgear...  3490
Old ASUS...  3007
Old N66U daily...  2934
Old ASUS RT-N66U...  174
Old Switched...  66
Old NEW RT-AC68R...  57
Old ASUS...  51
Old N66U daily...  47
Old ASUS...  45
Old Netgear...  41
Old Which router...  41
Old ASUS RTAC68U...  41
Old How many of...  39


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006-2014 Pudai LLC All Rights Reserved.