ASUS RT-N66U or Netgear WNDR4500?
Read online reviews, most saying RT-N66U clearly outperforms WNDR4500 in nearly all aspects, though RT-N66U is a little bit more expensive and some minor soft features are not as good as WNDR4500.
These two seem to have almost identical hardware/chips except one uses external antenna while the other uses internal one and ASUS has double memory. So what makes RT-N66U so much faster? Can WNDR4500 catch up by releasing newer firmware?
So here's my base view of these two, can you guys verify with your experience?
1. Wireless speed: RT-N66U >> WNDR4500
2. Wireless range: RT-N66U > WNDR4500
3. Reliability (dropping Wireless, need frequent reboot, dead after # months): which one is better? This is important, if the unit gets down frequently (even if it doesn't for a lucky unit but you keep worrying about so) then no matter how much faster it is, it is set to be returned...
4. USB storage speed: RT-N66U >> WNDR4500
5. DLNA capability: RT-N66U << WNDR4500
6. Apple support (airprint via LAN, control from ipad/iphone, etc): RT-N66U < WNDR4500
7. Price: RT-N66U > WNDR4500
What else can clearly draw a line between these two for me to make a decision? Thanks.