Ok guys...I've been trying and trying to get my Asus RT-N66U FTP working so that I can share files with friends and family but having negative results. I'm running stock Asus firmware (184.108.40.206.151)....I'm not really clear on the whole Port Forwarding aspect but on the "Virtual Server / Port Forwarding" page I have the following:
- I've registered and have my Asus DNS name (ftp://xxx.asuscomm.com)
- I choose FTP as a "famous server list"
- I choose a FTP Server Port (can I choose any four digit number I want?)
- Port Range (I choose 2222...is that ok?)
- I am using my router WAN IP as the local IP
- Local Port I kept as "21"
- Protocal = TCP
I still can't seem to access it from outside my house.....I've been reading on port forwarding (different posts on this website and others) but I probably still don't have a firm grasp on how it works completely but are there any steps I'm missing or more importantly....anything else I need to include or change?....thanks to anyone that can assist.