SmallNetBuilder Forums
Go Back   SmallNetBuilder Forums > Wireless Networking > Wireless Article Discussions

Old 04-18-2013, 02:59 AM

Securifi is just starting out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfx2000 View Post
couple of random thoughts...

at the price point - it's not sustainable - been there, done that, have the t-shirts to prove it - it's being sold at a loss, and volume will just make it worse, burning up investors money until they either get bought or roll it up.

D-Link showed a touch screen router at CES2010 - never shipped... margins are too thin as it is in the CE router business, any additional development costs need to be carried over in volume to make it up - it's a falling knife from there....

http://www.cnet.com/8301-31045_1-10429277-269.html
Hi there,

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to address your concerns here.
Although I don't know your background, I just wanted to let you know that Securifi is a profitable business and we're currently busy expanding into new regions to make the Almond and Almond+ (when it launches) available to as many potential customers as possible.

If you guys have questions about Securifi's products, please feel free to get in touch with me. I've recently joined the company and unlike my colleague Jigawatts, I've been a frequent reader of SmallNetBuilder for quite some time. This site is a great resource for the more technically inclined users, but keep in mind that Secufifi's products are targeting a very different group of users, of which many have no understanding of networking, the terminology used and quite often don't have advanced computer knowledge at that. As such we feel that we have a slightly different place in the market that many of our much more affordable competitors that offers products that most of you could set up in a few minutes, but that your average consumer would struggle to use.

Cheers

Last edited by Securifi; 04-18-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Very Senior Member

sfx2000 is just starting out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Securifi View Post
Hi there,

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to address your concerns here.
Although I don't know your background, I just wanted to let you know that Securifi is a profitable business and we're currently busy expanding into new regions to make the Almond and Almond+ (when it launches) available to as many potential customers as possible.

If you guys have questions about Securifi's products, please feel free to get in touch with me. I've recently joined the company and unlike my colleague Jigawatts, I've been a frequent reader of SmallNetBuilder for quite some time. This site is a great resource for the more technically inclined users, but keep in mind that Secufifi's products are targeting a very different group of users, of which many have no understanding of networking, the terminology used and quite often don't have advanced computer knowledge at that. As such we feel that we have a slightly different place in the market that many of our much more affordable competitors that offers products that most of you could set up in a few minutes, but that your average consumer would struggle to use.

Cheers
That's pretty cool - just keep security in the forefront, along with performance and cost.

I've been quiet lately as I've been part of a group of ex-telco engineers with deep experience in the PHY/RF layers of LTE/Wimax/CDMA, along with chip development group working on a Cortex-A15 based solution for the pro-sumer market.

Our focus is on stability, performance, security, and scalability - and yes, we're using a BSD baseline.

We've already been able to prove no traffic degradation to external nodes (we're not doing 802.11 WDS) and can keep 300+ Mbps across multiple hops with multiple constant streams across different levels of QoS.

should be fun

Best of luck!

sfx