SmallNetBuilder Forums
Go Back   SmallNetBuilder Forums > NAS > NAS Article Discussions

Old 01-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Confused Unable to reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just to let you know that the reset procedure described above does not work with the latest 2.2.3 firmware.

Somehow I cannot access the web interface anymore and cannot reset the NAS. If someone knows how to reset this unit with this new firmware and could share it I would appreciate immensely.
I have exactly the same problem. I`m using 2.2.3 firmware and tried to reset a lot of times. I found another procedure (http://bit.ly/8MLSu5), but I had no success...

Please help!

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:58 PM

krabk is just starting out
Default Reset

hi,

I forgot my password!

followed littlefish's procedure, but not totally, since at step 5, I release after the red light stopped blinking, then at step 6, the blue light starts blinking and stops, then I pressed and held the front button, but it does not start blinking again....so what should I do?
Old 12-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Confused How to reset during failed 2.2.3 update attempt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
procedure described above does not work with the latest 2.2.3 firmware.
I'm having the same problem. Was at 2.0.7 and was performing the update to 2.2.3. The updater was on step 3 of 3 and was just hung there for 30 mins. I finally aborted and shut down the drive. It booted up, but I cannot see it on the network now. The reset procedure does not work either. The sequence seems somewhat different.

On the first stop blinking is that when the button goes dark or when it turns solid red?
I've tried all kinds of ways and combinations and nothing. The drive always boots to a state where it stays solid blue for about 1 min, then it does a red-red, pause, red-red, and then goes back to the solid blue for another minute or so. The drive never shows up on the network.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Unregistered

I also had the same issue when upgrading to 2.2.3 in that at step 3 it just sat there forever. I tried the reset procedure several times but that didn't work as other people have also found. I also tried installing one of the drives in a USB casing but my PC was unable to read the data.

When I had logged the call with LaCie Support their initial answer was to do the reset procedure (which as we know doesn't work so why do they keep telling people to do it?). They then said I should buy a new power supply although at that point they had none in stock and didn't know when they would be available. I checked the PSU with a meter myself and found it seemed fine. LaCie were unwilling to come up with any other help!

In the end I had to get the data restored by a professional company who said that they had seen many issues with LaCie drives. I have now bought a new NAS from another company an realise how poor the Lacie was in comparison.